Week 1/2 September 7, 2019 Primera semana de CCM
Hey everyone!!! So with this being my first week here in the CCM I'm
able to have a mini p day today. My regular p day will be on Wednesday.
So I'm gonna start right when I walked into the gate waiting area. Right
when I walk in, I see a bunch of 18 and 19 year olds sitting in the
seats and I was just thinking, yep!!I'm in the right place!!🤣 the first
plane ride from SLC to LA I was sitting next to elder Johnson, who
actually became my companion, coincidence? I think not! Then the second
ride I was sitting next to this Latino lady and she ask why I was all
dressed up in a suit and I said, " because I'm a missionary of the
church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints." It was pretty cool to say
that. But she was coming back from LA to Mexico from a relatives
wedding. I was able to connect some dots for her and was able to help
her to figure out that the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints
and the Mormons are the same thing. I just wish I knew the Spanish that I
know now for that, because that you have been really nice, luckily she
knew quite a bit of English.
I already feel like
I've been at the CCM for like two weeks because of how much Spanish I've
learned. The gift of tongues is definitely real. I have felt it sooo
much this week. Before I ha no experience in Spanish and couldn't really
form a sentence, now I can invite someone to be baptized, teach someone
how to pray and recite the first vision by memory, all en español. At
first I was having major struggles with it, but now with a workshop that
we had about the gift of tongues, I feel so much better about it. Just
speak as much of the language as you can, work hard at it, and just
don't hesitate to talk. The words will come. It is so cool!!! My
district is sooo fun. Everyone has so much fun, but we are all here to
learn and to feel the spirit and dedicate our lives to god. It is the
coolest feeling to know that. All the elders in my dorm are all super
legit too. Every night, we help each other with our memorization, we all
share spiritual thoughts with each other when were prompted and during
all of that, we are still able to laugh and joke around with each other.
So LETS GOOOO!!!! Me and my companion get along really well. We both
had a lot of struggle with the language at first, but we've helped build
each others confidence and now we are both cruising!! So far I have
learned how to meet someone and learn a little bit about then, I've
learned how to pray in Spanish, learned how to teach someone to pray,
learned how to bear my testimony, learned how to invite someone to be baptized, memorized the first vision, and a lot of other little stuff
that really helps with the whole thing. It is really coming along.
But
this weeks been so crazy. It's a lot of class and studying, but it
doesn't really feel like that much. We are in classes pretty much all
day, and the rest of the time we are studying, but it feels good. When
we work diligently and show that we are passionate about serving the
lord, he will bless you and will help you though you're journey,
spiritual wise and with language. When we practice our invitation to get baptized or teaching someone to pray, I can feel the spirit so strong
and it's just the greatest thing ever.
Hey and just a spiritual thought. One of the things that's been talked about a lot as I've been here is obedience. When we are obedient to the things that the lord has asked us, whether through our prophets, local leaders, mission president, or our teachers, we are showing that we respect and love them, and as we show them that, god is happy with us and he will bless us. Obey with exactness and you will be blessed. I say these things on el nombre de jesucristo, amén.
Well hope to hear from you all and hope you all had a great week and have an amazing week this next one. See ya!!!
Hey and just a spiritual thought. One of the things that's been talked about a lot as I've been here is obedience. When we are obedient to the things that the lord has asked us, whether through our prophets, local leaders, mission president, or our teachers, we are showing that we respect and love them, and as we show them that, god is happy with us and he will bless us. Obey with exactness and you will be blessed. I say these things on el nombre de jesucristo, amén.
Well hope to hear from you all and hope you all had a great week and have an amazing week this next one. See ya!!!
Comments