Week 2 September 18, 2019

Hey Everyone!! So this week was really good. So too start off, We've started to do this thing called teaching an interested person. So our teachers pretend to be an investigator and while we are here, we are going to be teaching them like they are an actual investigator. We try to do it all in Spanish, but every once in a while we have to use English for a few words that we don't know, but it is a super cool experience and will definitely help a lot. and because of it, I've started to get a lot more confident with the language, and I've realized that I should only be worrying about what I'm going to say, not how I'm going to say it. Just being in tune with the spirit and following it's promptings of what to say to the investigator.

And now that we are starting into the third week, we have officially graduated from basic core and we are starting into intermediate core, which is so helpful. along with more phrases to learn. we focus a lot on the stuff in preach my gospel and also a lot more grammar and vocab which I am trying to just soak up because that's my main thing right now is just knowing how to say the good stuff in my very limited language

My district has really started to come together now. And 

But yeah back to my subject line. So yesterday we watched The young adults devotional with president nelson, and it was soo good, as I was watching it there was no doubt in my mind that President Nelson is the prophet of god on the earth today.

Then today for our p day we went to the temple, but because of it, im pretty short on time, and it was honestly so cool. They gave us headphones that translated what we were hearing, but I felt like I should just listen to it in Spanish and it was honestly the coolest thing ever. I couldn't understand a lot of it, but the spirit was still the strongest feeling ever. and on the bus ride over, everyone was out going about their days and the strongest feeling came to my heart. These are all God's children, and he loves them, even if they still haven't heard about it here in their earthly life yet. And because he loves them, he wants them to come back to him with the experiences and the things that they learned here. And it is our job as members, not just the missionaries, to help bring them back to Christ and back into the knowledge of our god. They need to feel the love that he feels for them, and that love is expressed through the gospel of Jesus Christ










I love you all and miss you guys. And hope you're all having a good time in the states. hear from you soon.
Elder Gunnell

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 21, 2019 Here in New Jersey!

Octobre 28, 2019 Contacting and Catholics

October 2, 2019- Empiecó semana 5 en la CCM