Octobre 28, 2019 Contacting and Catholics
Hey all so this week has been exactly what the subject
line says. A lot of contacting, all of which are Catholics. You might be
thinking, "Elder Gunnell, everyone cannot be Catholics." And what I say
to you is yes Everyone that we've talked to are Catholics. A really big
change from everyone being a member of the church of Jesus Christ of
Latter day saints to Catholics, but it's pretty great. But yeah this
weeks just been a lot of signs and English classes.
We
had Zone conference this week and there was a lot about managing
stress. Just different ways we can deal with it and get over it. And
then president Hess talked about being all in to the work. FULL SEND!!!
And he also was stressing a lot on the role that members have in
missionary work. Missionary work is member centered, and missionary
supported.
Someone that we picked up this
past week came to church yesterday so that was a really big blessing. We
were going to commit a family to baptism this afternoon, but she just
canceled her appointment and so we'll just have to find another time to
get in to do that, but we got a new person tonight, and it was such a
killer lesson. She called us about our free English class that we offer
and so we set up am appointment for tonight. After we do the English
class portion, we teach her a little bit of doctrine, and for our first
spiritual thought that we usually do is teach then what the Book of Mormon is and ask them to read it, but this time, I felt like we needed
to teach her a little about the plan of salvation and why we are here.
After I explained a little bit of the plan of salvation, premortal life
and that we are spiritual children of God, she said she knew this was
going to be more than just an English class and she literally said that
she thinks that us coming to her house to share this with her was divine
intervention. A little bit of background to this, I was studying about
teaching by the spirit because of a little tip that Elder Babcock sent
me, and so that what I did with a lot of my time of p day and why I'm
hadn't written till this late hour, but I definitely witnessed the holy
ghost speaking through me and it was honestly such a cool experience.
All of the promises that God gives us are true. They will be given to
us. We need to just continue to be faithful. Be diligent, especially
through the times when we feel like we cant go on. Be diligent.
I love you all and I hope you all had a great week this week. You're awesome!!!
Elder Gunnell
Comments