Hey everyone! So last week here in the CCM and I'm both excited and
nervous right now. We've started packing because they want us to make
sure our bags aren't overweight, so that's pretty fun. Pack then unpack,
just to pack again. It's pretty great. Well Elder
Gunnell
here still doesn't know a lot of Spanish, but I'm able to understand it
fairly well when reading so I guess there's that. That's mostly why I'm
nervous right now, not being able to communicate with the people I'm
going to be talking with, but hopefully it will get better, but it might
take longer than I like because I'll still be in the states and not
immersed in the language. But esta bien. But I'm way excited to get out
there and teach people and help change some lives. Practicing on our
teacher is great and he gives some really good feedback but some good
real life experience is going to be great to have, and help them to
learn the truth and help then to know why there are here.
Well
nothing really exciting happened this week. Just another week of
amazing classes and devotional, learning Spanish and getting fat sitting
all day. Well I guess there is one thing....GENERAL CONFERENCE!!!!!!
This General Conference was so good and I got sooo much out of it. And
it was pretty funny because most of the missionaries here I the CCM
watched it in the chapel here and so whenever one of the prophets said
something really good, you'd here everyone click their pens to write
down the quote. It was pretty funny. But my favorite talk was be Elder
Holland, the first talk of conference. Before conference started I was
pondering why we had it 2 times a year. Why did God feel like we needed
to hear his word twice a year. Then Elder Holland gave his talk and
right off the bat I got my answer. The reason why we have General
conference is to help us to dedicate ourselves to Christ and to know
what we must do and work on in order to do so. Prophets speak Gods word.
"Whether it is my voice or the voice of my servants it's the same"
I'll extend the same invitation that Elder Holland extended in his talk.
Whenever reading or listening to a Conference talk, think about Christ
and how it relates to his doctrine. I fod that this conference and I got
so much more out of it than I have in previous conferences. And then
with President Nelson's announcement about next General
conference......SO EXCITING!!!!! He said it's going to he an
unforgettable experience....IF we prepare for it. He speaks the word of
God, and the promises he makes with us are like promises from God. So I
invite you again to do things that he asked us to do to prepare for it.
Don't wait, start NOW! I'm not perfect at this, but procrastination is
not a good thing, and we know that all good things come from god, so
that leaves only one other place where it could come from.... and he
want us to be miserable. So start preparing for next General Conference
now and I promise that you will have an Amazing experience in April.
Comments